Sunday, November 15, 2009

Most Recent Pastel Painting


This painting is 22"x 32" and is painted with pastels on Wallis pastel paper. It might seem strange to hear that this is called a painting since it was painted with dry pastels. Pastels are nearly pure pigment. They are like oils without the oil or acrylics without the acrylic medium or watercolor without the water or gum. The picture is of Brooke, who is flying over wet sand at the beach. Brooke is the daughter of Bryan and Robin Berning. Bryan, my nephew, took the photo from which the picture was painted. Robin is in the background of the painting.

2 comments:

  1. I love Brooke's little hands all open and her expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke's front hand is my granddaughter, Nya's, hand. I've been liberal in making changes. I've changed colors and I've moved people and reflections around. Fun.

    ReplyDelete